
A Chinese Chengdu J-10 fighter aircraft performs a flight during the Aviadarts competition, as part of the International Army Games 2021, at the Dubrovichi range outside Ryazan, Russia, August 27, 2021. — Reuters
#Pakistan #Indias #fighter #jet #Chinese #tech
ISLAMABAD/New Delhi: In early May 7, Pakistan’s air defense network went on high alert when radar screens highlighted dozens of Indian aircraft, which set a dramatic aerial collision phase, eliminating the Chinese -hit Indian fighter jet and using the Chinese -based missile.
Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Sadhu was sleeping at a mattress far away from the room for days in expecting an Indian attack.
New Delhi accused Islamabad of supporting the militants who attacked Indian Kashmir last month, killing 26 civilians. Despite Islamabad denied any involvement, India promised a reaction, which came with airstrikes on Pakistan in early May 7.
Air Chief Marshal Sadhu ordered the rotation of Pakistan’s valuable Chinese -made J -10C jet aircraft. A senior Pakistani Air Force (PAF) official, who was in Operation Room, said that the Air Chief instructed his staff to target French -made fighter Rafales, which is the ornament of an Indian fleet and was never dropped into war.
“He wanted Rafael,” the official said.
Experts estimate that an hour of fighting in the dark, which included 110 aircraft, became the world’s largest air war in decades.
Referring to US officials, Reuters reports, shooting at least one Rafael in the J -10’s. The elimination of this surprised many people in the military community and raised questions about the effectiveness of Western military hardware against unorganized Chinese alternatives.
Shares of the Dasalt, which make up Rafael, were drowned after reports that the fighter was shot. Indonesia, which has brilliant orders by Rafael, has said that it is now considering the purchase of J-10s-China’s efforts to sell overseas aircraft are a huge promotion.
But Reuters interviewed two Indian officials and his three Pakistani counterparts that Rafael’s performance was not an important issue: its elimination focus was a failure of Indian intelligence related to the PL -15 missile developed by J -10 fighter. China and Pakistan are the only countries that both run by the J-10s, called the Great Dragon, and the PL-15s.
Indian officials cited the extensive reference to the PL -15’s export variations, saying that poor intelligence gave Rafael pilots a misconception of confidence that they were out of the distance of Pakistani firing, which they believe they believe they are only 150 km.
The PAF official said, “We ambushed them and attacked them,” he said, adding that Islamabad launched an electronic war on Delhi systems in an attempt to confuse Indian pilots. Indian officials dispute over the effectiveness of these efforts.
“Indians were not expected to shoot,” said Justin Bronch, a Royal United Services Institute of Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), said. “And PL-15 is clearly very capable at long distances.”
According to Pakistani officials, and far beyond, and far away, the PL-15 killing Rafael was fired from about 200 km away. This will include the longest distance recorded in the air from the wind.
India’s defense and ministries have not returned requests to comment on intelligence mistakes. Delhi has not admitted that Rafael is being shot, but the French Air Chief told reporters in June that he had seen evidence of the loss of the fighter and two other planes flying by India, including Russian -made Sukhoi.
A senior Dasalt executive also told French lawmakers this month that India had lost Rafael in operations, though it did not have specific details.
The Pakistani army cited a spokesman’s past comments, saying that his professional preparation and commitment was more important than the weapons he had deployed. The Chinese Ministry of Defense did not answer Reuters’ questions. Dasalt and UAC, Sukhoi’s industrialist, also did not return the comments.
‘Aware of the situation’
Reuters spoke to eight Pakistani and two Indian officials to collect an aviation war account, which indicated the launch of a four -day battle between two neighbors armed with two nuclear weapons in Washington. Officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss national security issues.
Pakistani and Indian officials said that Islamabad not only had a surprise element from the boundaries of its missiles, but also succeeded in connecting its military hardware more effectively to monitor the land and air, which provided a clear picture of the battlefield. Such a network, known as “Kill Chains”, has become an important element of modern war.
Four Pakistani officials said that they made “total chain”, or multi -domain operations by connecting air, land and space sensors. Two Pakistani officials said the network consisted of a Pakistani developed system, data link 17, which connected Chinese military hardware to other goods, including a Swedish -made surveillance aircraft.
According to experts, the system allowed the J -10 to fly near India so that they could travel further from the surveillance aircraft, which means that Chinese -made fighters can close their radar and not detect it.
Indian officials said that Delhi was trying to establish a similar network, adding that their process was more complicated as the country used the aircraft from a wide range of exporters.
Retired UK Air Marshal Greg Baig Well, now a Russian partner, said the incident did not finalize the superiority of either of the Chinese or Western air assets, but it showed the importance of having accurate information and its use.
“The winner in this was the aspect in which the situation was well -known,” said Begwell.
Changes in tactics
In early May 7, the targets were targeted in Pakistan after India calls it a terrorist infrastructure, Sadhu ordered his squadron to be attacked by order.
Five PAF officials said that India had deployed around 70 aircraft, which was much higher than they expected and provided Islamabad’s PL15 to provide a targeting environment. India has not said how many aircraft were used.
Baig Well said the May 7 war declared the first major aerial competition of the modern era, in which weapons are used to attack the visual range beyond targets, it remained within its airspace.
Five Pakistani officials said that electronic attack on Indian sensors and communications systems reduced the awareness of the situation about Rafael’s pilots.
Both Indian officials said that during the clash, Rafales were not blind and the Indian satellite was not jammed. But he acknowledged that Pakistan had affected Sukhoi, whose system Delhi is now upgrading.
Other Indian security officials have eliminated questions far away from Rafael, a center of Indian military modernization, which is in accordance with the orders given to the Air Force.
In Jakarta, India’s defense affiliate told a university seminar that Delhi had only lost some aircraft “just because there was a barrier to attacking by political leadership. [Pakistan’s] Military agencies and their air defense. “
India’s Chief of Defense Staff Gen. Anil Chauhan had earlier told Reuters that Delhi has quickly “strategy reform” after the initial losses.
‘Direct inputs’
As a result of this incident, Lieutenant General Rahul Singh, the deputy army chief of India, accused Pakistan of receiving “direct input” from China during the battles, which means radar and satellite feeds. He did not provide evidence and Islamabad denies the allegations.
When asked about a briefing about Beijing’s military partnership with Pakistan since July, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Mao Ning told reporters that “the work is” part of normal cooperation between the two countries and does not target any third party. “
When asked about the interaction, China did not respond. The Pakistani military said in a July statement that Wang had “shown a keen interest in learning from the experience of the PAF’s multi -domain operations.”