
PM Shehbaz Sharif chairs federal cabinet meeting in Islamabad on July 30, 2025. — PID
#Federal #cabinet #approves #national #policy #aiming #train #people
ISLAMABAD: The federal cabinet on Wednesday approved the National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Policy 2025 and Hajj Policy 2026, in which two major government measures were given green.
The cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif unanimously endorsed the AI policy, which aims to develop a complete AI ecosystem in Pakistan, which includes training of one million AI professionals by 2030 and producing 1,000 indigenous AI products in five years.
It also includes the launch of 50,000 Civic projects, offering 3,000 annual scholarships, and facilitating 1,000 research projects.
Prime Minister Shahbaz said, “Our young people are the biggest asset of Pakistan. Providing them with education, skills and equal opportunities in AI is a top priority.”
This policy promises comprehensive education and financing for women and various capable individuals, ensures national cyberciction, and aligning local standards globally with AI rules and regulations globally.
A designated AI Council, in collaboration with the Master Plan and Action Matrix, will oversee the implementation. The government also plans to create AI Innovation and Venture Funds to encourage the participation of the private sector.
Prime Minister Shahbaz praised the Ministry of IT and the concerned departments for his timely contribution. “AI will not only modernize our economy, but will also enhance the productivity of agriculture, public services and governance,” he said.
Hajj updates
Separately, the cabinet approved the Hajj policy 2026, which orders a complete digitalization of the shrine process, which began in 2026.
70 % of pilgrims will be adjusted under the government scheme, while 30 % will go through private operators, which will now go through strict accountability.
Private Hajj companies that have failed to supply last year will have to facilitate those pilgrims in 2026.
Improvements are included in real -time tracking, digital wrist bands, mobile apps, SIM cards, and a better compensation method.
The Ministry of Religious Affairs will work jointly with the Ministry of Religious Affairs to ensure the digital change of Hajj operations.
Federal Minister for Religious Affairs, Sardar Mohammad Yousuf, spoke to the media and focused on important progress and policy decisions related to the arrangements of Hajj.
He said that the Ministry of Religious Affairs will formally respond to its recent report on the Hajj operations to the Subcommittee of the Standing Committee of the Senate. He criticized that the sub -committee did not take the ministry into confidence by preparing its report.
He acknowledged the failure to collect the payments of some private Hajj tour operators on time, which resulted in complications last year.
To address this, private tour operators will now offer Hajj to the affected pilgrims on the basis of last year’s expenses.
He added that the standard of financial qualification has been introduced to ensure transparency for private operators, and that both public and private Hajj schemes will be monitored by a neutral third party.
The Hajj selection process will now be followed on the first, first service basis, and only pilgrims with the Saudi approved vaccine will be allowed.
“Road to Mecca” facility will be available at Islamabad and Karachi airports.
In addition, the ministry will provide full training to the pilgrims and set up emergency response teams. An effective financial monitoring system and a transparent complaint mechanism will also be implemented.
In addition, the Hajj Nazim scheme will continue, and children under the age of 12 will not be allowed to perform Hajj.
Yusuf also confirmed that the ministry has linked its Hajj policy with Saudi Arabia’s timeline, and its implementation will begin on August 4.