
Israeli right-wing activists take part in a rally organised by settler groups to promote Israel's resettling in Gaza, on the Israeli side of the Israel-Gaza border, near the border, July 30, 2025. — Reuters
#Israel #threaten #annexe #parts #Gaza #minister
An Israeli minister has suggested that Israel may threaten to connect parts of the Gaza Strip, which aims to increase pressure on Hamas, but will seriously damage the solution of two states and international efforts towards the Palestinian state.
Zaf Elkin, a member of the Israeli security cabinet, made these comments on Wednesday, just one day after the British indicated, if Israel does not take significant steps to overcome Gaza’s distress and the ongoing conflict with Hamas has reached a ceasefire.
Last week, France announced its intention to recognize the Palestinian state in September.
This week, France, along with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar and the Arab League, issued a joint declaration to carry out such a solution, including Hamas’s demand for “ending its rule in Gaza and surrendering its weapons to the Palestinian Authority”.
Israel has permanently rejected the steps to recognize a Palestinian state, saying such actions have avenged Hamas for the October 2023 attack, which affected the war.
Israel can give Hamas an ultimatum
Accusing Hamas of trying to negotiate a ceasefire to seek Israeli privileges, Elkin told the Public Broadcaster Kan that Israel could give the group an ultimatum to reach an agreement before expanding its military actions.
“The most painful thing for our enemy is losing the land,” he said. “The explanation to Hamas that the time they play with us will lose the ground that they will never return, it will be an important tool of pressure.”
The purpose of the arbitration effort is to reach an agreement that will halt the 60 -day ceasefire and the release of the remaining aspects near the Hamas Ground last week, along with the sides accused of stopping.
Israel is facing an increasing international pressure on the Gaza situation, where a global hunger monitor has warned that the worst situation in the famine is coming out. The Gaza Ministry of Health on Wednesday reported seven more hunger deaths, including a two -year -old girl in the current health condition.
‘Monster’
Israeli families have still appealed to a Palestinian state in Gaza to return to their loved ones.
“Such identity is not a step towards peace, but rather a clear violation of international law and a dangerous moral and political failure that legalizes terrible war crimes.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday that Britain’s decision “Hamas’s monster gives revenge for terrorism”. Israel made similar comments last week after the announcement of France.
Two Hamas officials immediately responded to requests to comment on the group’s demand for handing over their weapons to the PA, which now limited control of parts of the Israeli -occupied West Bank. Hamas has previously rejected calls for eliminating weapons, while Israel has refused to allow the PA to run Gaza.
Netanyahu said this month that he wanted peace with the Palestinians but described any independent state in the future as a potential platform to destroy Israel, so controlling security should remain with Israel.
His cabinet includes right -wing data that openly demands the affiliation of all Palestinian land. Finance Minister Bezel Smutrich said on Tuesday that re -establishing ghetto in Gaza was “closer to us”, and Gaza has been described as “an integral part of Israel’s territory”.
‘Is still away from coffee’
His father told Reuters on Wednesday that a two -year -old girl was being treated for the construction of a brain fluid overnight due to hunger.
“My younger daughter, Mecca, died due to malnutrition and shortage of medicines,” Salah al -Gharli said over the phone to Deir al -Bala. “Doctors said that the baby has to feed a certain type of milk … but there is no milk.” “She was hungry. We were helpless.”
The deaths from malnutrition and malnutrition caused the damage overnight, including at least 89 children, from the beginning of the war, the highest in recent weeks.
On Sunday, the Israeli army announced measures to reduce food supply in Gaza, including daily intervals in military operations and aid in some areas.
The UN Humanitarian Affairs Coordination (OCHA) said the UN and its partners had succeeded in bringing more food to Gaza in the first two days of the break, but its volume was still quite far away.
He said in a refreshing, “Most of the aid is still being offloaded through the mob wherever it is considered to be. But market surveillance shows that basic goods prices are starting to decrease, which can identify better operating conditions as the flow flow increases.”
The war began on October 7, 2023, when Hamas attacked communities in southern Israel, killing about 1, 1,200 people and detaining 251 people.
The Gaza Ministry of Health says Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip has killed more than 60,000 people and destroyed most of the area.