
Atomic symbol and Iranian flag are seen in this illustration taken September 8, 2022. — Reuters
#Iran #held #frank #nuclear #talks #European #powers
Iranian diplomats say they have a “Frank and Detailed” nuclear talks with Germany, Britain and France’s counterparts on Friday, who have been threatening to mobilize sanctions if Tehran failed to agree on an uranium enrichment and cooperation agreement with UN inspectors.
The meeting was the first time in Istanbul that Israel launched an invasion of Iran last month, targeting key nuclear and military sites, which gave rise to a 12 -day war and caused Tehran to remove from working with the UN watchdog.
After spending several hours with European diplomats, he left the Iranian consulate shortly before 1100GMT.
Israel’s aggressive-that killed top commanders, nuclear scientists and hundreds of others, which attacked residential areas and military sites-also launched the US-Iran nuclear talks, which began in April.
Since then, European powers, known as E3, have threatened to mobilize the so -called “Snapback Mechanism” under a 2015 nuclear deal that will restore UN sanctions on Iran by the end of August.
The sanctions are ending in October, and Tehran has warned the results that if the E3 chooses to activate it.
Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister Kazim Ghari Abadi, who participated in talks with senior Iranian diplomat Majid Takht Rauchi, wrote on X that he used the meeting to criticize the European stance on a 12 -day conflict with Israel.
He said that the Snapback mechanism has also been discussed, adding: “It was agreed that consultation on the matter would continue.”
Prior to the talks, a European source said the three countries were preparing to mobilize the mechanism in the absence of a negotiation solution. Sources called on Iran to make “clear indicators” about enrichment of uranium and restoration of UN nuclear watchdog.
‘Common Grand’
The house Baba had warned earlier this week that sanctions sanctions – which would deepen Iran’s international isolation and put more pressure on its already tension economy – it would be “completely illegal”.
He accused European powers of “stopping their promises” under the 2015 agreement, which the United States unilaterally withdrawn in 2018 during the first term of President Donald Trump.
“We have warned them of the dangers, but we are still looking for a common basis to handle the situation,” said Gharbadi.
Iranian diplomats have already warned that if sanctions were re -enacted, Tehran could withdraw from the global nuclear non -proliferation agreement. Israeli Foreign Minister Geodon Sar has called on European powers to mobilize the mechanism.
Israel’s June 13 attacks on Iran took place two days ago when Tehran and Washington will meet for the sixth round of nuclear talks. On June 22, the United States attacked Iranian nuclear facilities in Fordo, Asfahan and Nuttan and joined Israel’s aggression.
Prior to the war, the United States and Iran were divided on the enrichment of uranium-Tehran described it as a “non-negotiation” right, Washington called it a “red line”.
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says Iran is making uranium 60 % purity-which is far above the cap of 3.67 % under the 2015 agreement and is close to the grade level of weapons.
Tehran has said it is open to discuss the enrichment rate and levels, but does not have the right to enrich uranium.
One year after the United States withdraws from the nuclear deal, Iran began to return its promises, which imposed sanctions on its nuclear activities in exchange for sanctions.
Israel and Western powers have accused Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons, Tehran has repeatedly refused.
‘New Form’
Iran insists that it will not abandon its nuclear program, Foreign Minister Abbas Aragchi has termed the position “unreasonable”.
Although it claims that the US and Israeli attacks have stopped enrichment due to “serious and severe” damage to nuclear places. The US bombing damage is not clear.
Trump claimed when the sites were “completely destroyed”, but US media reports based on the Pentagon studies raised doubts about the disaster.
Since the 12 -day war, Iran has suspended cooperation with IAEA, and has accused it of prejudice and has failed to condemn the attacks. Inspectors have left the country since then, but it is expected that in the coming weeks, Iran said cooperation in the future will take a “new shape”.
Israel has warned that if Iran’s facilities move towards reconstruction or weapons capability, it can resume strikes.
Iran has promised “strong reaction” to any future attacks.