
US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth testifies before a Senate Committee on Armed Services in Washington DC, US. — Reuters/File
#Pentagon #chief #Hegseth #shares #sensitive #information #Signal #chat
WASHINGTON: US Defense Secretary Pete Hegsit shared details of a march attack on Yemeni Houthis in a message group, including his wife, brother and personal lawyers, sources familiar with the matter.
Other signal chat revelations have raised more questions about the use of an unmanned messaging system of hegsit to distribute highly sensitive security details and come to a particularly critical moment, in which senior officials were deported from the Pentagon last week as an internal leak.
In the second chat, Hegsith shared details of the attack last month after his editor -in -chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, through the Atlantic Magazine, in which President Donald Trump’s all senior national security officials were included in a shameful incident.
The person familiar with the matter, who was speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the second chat included close to a dozen people and during the verification process, a detailed military plan was created to discuss administrative issues rather than a detailed military plan.
The man said the chat included details of the air strikes schedule.
According to pictures published by the Pentagon publicly, the former Fox News producer, Hagsit’s wife, Jennifer, attended sensitive meetings with foreign counterparts.
During a meeting with his British counterpart in the Pentagon in March, his wife may be seen sitting behind him.
Hegsith’s brother is a Homeland Security Liaison Department with the Pentagon.
The Trump administration has aggressively pursued the leak, an attempt that has been accepted by the Pentagon through hegsit.
Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell, without any evidence, said that the media was “taking the complaints of former employees angry with excitement as the only source of their article.”
“Media that hates Trump is in the madness of destroying President Trump’s agenda [….] “We have already achieved a lot for the US Warfter, and will never back down,” Parnell said in a statement on X.
White House spokesman Anna Kelly said the recently dismissed “leakers” are continuing to ignore their scattered cases and misrepresent the truth to weaken the president’s agenda.
‘Trump too weak to dismiss it’
However, Democratic lawmakers said that Hegsit could no longer be in his job.
“We keep learning how [Pete] Hegsith endangered John, “Senate minority leader Chuck Shamar told X in a post.” But Trump is still very weak in ousting him. Pat Hegsith should be fired. “
Hegsit, an experienced Iraq war veteran Senator Timi Dick Worth, who was seriously injured in the fighting in 2004, said that Hegsit would have to “resign from defamation.”
An American Pentagon official questioned how Hagsetth can retain his job after the latest news.
The latest revelation came a few days later when one of a leading hegasit advisers, Dan Caldwell, was taken from the Pentagon after being identified during the leak investigation in the Defense Department.
Although the Called Wheel is not so famous as the other senior officials of the Pentagon, he has played an important role in hegset and the secretary has nominated the Pentagon’s point in the first signal chat.
“We are incredibly disappointed with the elimination of our services in the Defense Department.” “Unidentified Pentagon officials have made our role slander by the baseless attacks on the door.”
After the departure of the Callidewell, the lesser senior official, Darren Selink, who recently became the Deputy Chief of Staff of Hegsetth, and Colin Carol, who was the Chief of Staff of the Deputy Defense Secretary Steve Fanberg, was on administrative departure and fired on Friday.