
Smoke rises after an Israeli air strike in north Gaza, as seen from Israel's border with Gaza, Israel August 12, 2025. — AFP
#Hamas #approve #latest #Gaza #ceasefire #proposal
A group source told AFP on Monday that after a recent diplomatic pressure to end the war for more than 22 months, Hamas has accepted a new ceasefire proposal for Gaza without requesting amendments.
The United States -backed mediator Egypt and Qatar have struggled to secure a long -lasting war in the conflict, which has led to a extreme humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip.
But after receiving a new proposal from meditants, Hamas said he was ready to talk.
“Hamas has responded to the mediators, and confirmed that Hamas and factions have agreed to a new ceasefire proposal without requesting any amendment,” sources said on condition of anonymity.
Israel has not yet responded.
A Palestinian source familiar with the negotiations said that the mediators “are expected to have reached an agreement and a date has been set to resume the talks”, adding that guarantees were made to ensure its delivery and achieve a permanent solution.
Earlier, another Palestinian official had said that the mediators had proposed to be held for the first 60 days of troubles and hostages in two batches.
The proposal has been made by Israel’s security cabinet more than a week after plans to increase war in Gaza city and nearby refugee camps, which have given rise to international screams as well as domestic opposition.
‘Encounter and destroyed’
A source of Islamic Jihad told AFP that the project considered a 60 -day ceasefire “during which 10 Israeli hostages would be resurrected along with several bodies.”
Of the 251 hostages taken during the October 2023 attack of Hamas, 49 have still been kept in Gaza, including 27, the Israeli army says it has died.
Through the Islamic Jihad, “the rest of the Asians will be released in the second phase”, which will be discussed to make a wider settlement. He added that the Egyptian and Qatari proposal “all factions are supportive”.
US President Donald Trump wrote about the truth: “We will only see the rest of the hostages when Hamas faces and destroyed !!!”
“The sooner it happens, the better the chances of success will be.”
Last week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had said that Israel would “agree to an agreement in which all hostages were issued once and in accordance with our terms to end the war.”
Meanwhile, in a familiar scenario in Gaza, the AFP footage of the southern city of Khan Yunus showed a crowd of mourners bowing down on the shroud bodies of their loved ones who were killed a day earlier to seek aid.
‘Beyond the imagination’
Qatar’s Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulman Althi said, “Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdul -ul -Ult visited the Rafa Border Crossing with Gaza on Monday.
For more than two million people living in the Gaza Strip, pointing to the most humanitarian conditions, where UN agencies and aid groups have warned about famine, Abdul Ultt emphasized the urgent need for reaching the deal.
“The current situation on earth is beyond imagination,” he said.
Egypt said on Monday that it was ready to join a potential international force stationed in Gaza, but only if the UN Security Council resolution was supported and also had a “political horizon”.
‘Intentionally’
On the ground, the Gaza Civil Defense Agency said the Israeli army killed at least 11 people in the area on Monday, including six Israeli fires in the south.
AFP was contacted, the Israeli military said, “was not aware of any casualties” as a result of a fire in the IDF in the southern areas reported by civil defense.
Media sanctions in Gaza and difficulties in reaching the Palestinian territory mean that AFP is unable to independently confirm the tools and details provided by the civil defense agency or the Israeli military.
Meanwhile, the Rights Group Amnesty International has accused Israel of imposing a “deliberate policy” in Gaza’s “policy” and “the health, well -being and social fabric of Palestinian life.
Israel, while imposing a heavy ban on Gaza’s permits, has repeatedly rejected claims of defamation.
According to government figures based on AFP, Hamas’s October 2023 attack on Israel resulted in the death of 1,219 people, mostly civilians.
Israeli aggression has killed more than 62,004 Palestinians, most of them citizens, according to Hamas -administered Gaza Ministry data.