
US President Donald Trump and China's President Xi Jinping poses for a photo ahead of their bilateral meeting during the G20 leaders summit in Osaka, Japan, June 29, 2019. — Reuters
#Trump #door #open #softer #stance #China #tariffs
WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump has indicated that he can easily go to China on tariffs, saying that trade talks are moving in the right direction because they have signed a delay in delaying the payment of more taxes on Chinese goods on Monday.
His comments were over hours before the trade war between Washington and Beijing, as the two sides enjoy a short break in their trade battle, which gives them more time to attack the deal.
The Wall Street Journal and the CNBC cited the Trump administration officials, saying that staying on the Steper tariff would continue for 90 days. The White House did not answer questions on the matter.
Although the United States and China slapped the growing tariffs on each other’s products this year, after reaching the level of triple -digits and reaching the trade trade, the two countries agreed to temporarily reduce them.
But his 90 -day stepper Levies’ Halt was about to expire on Tuesday.
Asked about the deadline early Monday, Trump said: “We will see what happens. They are dealing well quite well. President XI (jinning) and relations with himself are very good.”
Trump has also emphasized the income of tariffs collected since Trump returned to the White House, saying that “we are treating China very well.”
“We hope that the United States will work with China to pursue an important consensus during a phone call between the two heads of state,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lin Jian said.
He added that Beijing also hopes that Washington will “struggle for positive results based on equality, respect and mutual benefit.”
The full text of Trump’s latest order has not yet been released. According to the Wall Street Journal, an extension of 90 days means that the war will expire in early November.
The warfare
Even when the two countries reached a cold tension agreement after a high level of talks in Geneva in May, de -style has been shaky.
In June, key economic officials called for disagreement in London, and US officials accused their counterparts of violating the agreement. Policy makers met again in Stockholm last month.
US trade envoy Jameson Greer said last month that Trump would have a “final call” on any such extension.
Trump said in a social media post at the end of Sunday that he hoped China would “increase its soybean orders quickly”, adding that it would be a way to balance trade with the United States.
For now, an extension of a ceasefire means that US revenue on Chinese goods this year is 30 %.
Under their renovation, Beijing’s price on US products was 10 %.
Since returning to presidency in January, Trump has slapped almost 10 percent of the “mutual” tariffs on all trade partners, aimed at dealing with Washington’s trade ways.
It reached different levels for dozens of economies last Thursday.
Large partners like the European Union, Japan and South Korea now see 15 % of US duty on many products, while the level for Syria has increased by 41 %.
“Mutual” revenue excludes areas that have been targeted separately, such as steel and aluminum, and those who are being investigated, such as pharmaceutical and semiconductor.
They are expected to remove gold, though US customs officials have raised concerns that some gold bars can still be targeted last week.
Trump said Monday that gold imports would not face additional taxes without providing further details.
The US president has taken a different purpose of individual countries like Brazil in connection with the trial of former President Jerry Bolsonaro, who is accused of planning a rebellion, and India on the purchase of Russian oil.
Canada and Mexico fall under a different tariff government.