
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy attends a meeting of the National Security and Defence Council in Kyiv, Ukraine September 30, 2022. — Reuters
#Zelensky #confirms #fresh #talks #Russia #Istanbul #Wednesday
Kiev: Ukrainian President Wolodmeer Zelannsky has confirmed that there will be new peace talks with Russia in Istanbul on Wednesday.
The announcement has come after weeks of tension and at that time, as the hopes of progress are low after the previous conversation ends without any progress.
The talks will take place in Istanbul, a Turkish government spokesman said – the same place as the previous talks, which failed to make any progress in May and June.
Although US President Donald Trump has increased the pressure by giving Russia 50 days to agree on an agreement or face sanctions, the Kremlin spoke just a few hours after eliminating hopes for any progress.
An announcement of a new round of talks came after the latest Russian barrage on the Ukrainian capital Kiev, which gave rise to several fires and damaged the shelter for the underground airstrike where citizens took refuge.
In his daily address on Monday, Zlinski said, “Today, I (Ukrainian Security Council chief) discussed with the Russian team with another meeting in Turkey and another meeting in Turkey. Omarov reported that the meeting was scheduled on Wednesday.”
Zelannsky, who proposed a new conversation in the weekend, added that more details would be released on Tuesday. Russia has not immediately confirmed the talks.
Talking on condition of anonymity, a senior Ukrainian official told AFP that Istanbul talks would likely be focused on the exchange of prisoners and a possible meeting between Zilnski and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Following the war on Russia in February 2022, rival parties met in Istanbul on May 16 and June 2 when Washington increased pressure for an agreement, but no major progress was made.
Ukrainian and Russian negotiators only agreed to exchange prisoners. After that, Russia has intensified its airstrikes on Ukraine and occupied more frontline area.
The two sides exchanged views about the talks about what a peace deal looks like, but it is more different.
Russia has demanded that Ukraine abandoned four regions other than Crimea, which it had affiliated in 2014. The Kremlin also insists that Ukraine will have to give up any plans to join the NATO military alliance.
Ukraine has rejected the demands, asking whether Russia really wants a ceasefire.
Commenting on the possibility of a progress, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Monday that the proposals of the two sides were “contradictory” and that “many diplomatic works are ahead”.
Last week, after Trump gave Russia a 50-day deadline, the latest talks will increase in a major US presence on the latest talks-and it has also been said that the supply of arms to Ukraine will be resumed.
Record drone attacks
The latest Kremlin remarks came after launching a large -scale drone and missile barrage on Russia’s Kiev.
In recent weeks, Russia has fired a record number of drones and missiles in Ukrainian cities, in deadly attacks that Kiev says Moscow is not serious about the end of the attack.
Zillski called it a “attack on humanity”, killing two people in the latest wave of attacks.
French Foreign Minister Jean Noel Beirut arrived in Kiev for a wonderful tour, while rescuers were still passing through debris.
The president of Ukraine said in a social media post that he discussed with Zilnski, discussing air defense, sanctions and weapons production.
According to local authorities, six districts of Kiev were attacked on Monday, causing a fire in a supermarket, several residential buildings and a nursery.
An AFP reporter damaged several buildings, as well as debris and scattered glasses on the streets.
At the entrance of a metro station where citizens were sheltering from the barrage, it was also damaged.
“The shelters themselves are no longer fully secure, because the metro station, which is being used as a shelter for the people of Kiev, has been targeted,” Berot said during a visit to the destroyed station, “said Beirut during his visit to the damaged station.
Russia’s attack killed tens of thousands of people, forced millions of people to flee their homes, and destroyed large parts of eastern Ukraine.
According to the Ukrainian Air Force, Russia launched 450 drones and missiles in the night attack.
The Russian military said the strikes, including hypersonic missiles, targeted Ukraine’s military facilities, the Russian army said-it claimed that it had destroyed the US-made Patriot Air Defense Launches.